Translate

sábado, 8 de outubro de 2016

Larenzo Simmons share his thoughts about the football in PR

We of Inside Caribbean Football return to Puerto Rico. Now to hear what a foreigner have to tak about himself and about what he think about Puerto Rico Soccer League(PRSL). 

Larenzo Paul Simmons is a 22-years-old forward that is having a brillant season with his side Mayaguez FC. Simmons is ranked as second top scorer in the league with 10 goals in PRSL Torneo Clausura 2016. He and Mayaguez FC are so close to reach the play-offs.

Mayaguez Fc isn't his first team in Puerto Rico. previously, he played for also Isabella Fc also a PRSL team.

The PRSL is a League with only two caribbean footballers, two profilic strikers: Jamaican Dwayne Phidd and bermudian Larenzo Simmons. Dwayne Phidd is currently with Club Atlético Fajardo on loan from crillos Fc Caguas and Paul Simmons as we said plays for Mayaguez FC. There are a lot of good caribbean players that could be playing for any PRSL club. However, the clubs prefer to bring south americans players. 


Looking for the marketing the league the people involved need to realize that nobody from South America will start to follow the PRSL because this league is to small for those countries. But If you have a caribbean (mainly If he is a National player), for sure people from those countries will follow the league cause of the player. It's all about marketing!

Larenzo Paul Simmons was inveted by us to talk about the football in Puerto Rico and about his career and goals.

Larenzo Paul Simmons
Photo by Mayaguez FC

Inside Caribbean Football: How did you arrive in Puerto Rico?

Larenzo Paul Simmons: I studied in the USA for high school and I travelled to Puerto Rico for a mission trip and loved it here. Once I found out there was an Adventist University taht offereda degree I wanted to study I decided ro come to Puerto Rico and study.

Inside Caribbean Football: What do you think about the football in Puerto Rico?

Larenzo Paul Simmons: The football in Puerto Rico has grown since I arrived in 2012. I think it is a huge amount of talent and if serious money was invested in puerto Rico in the football program there will be huge results. I enjoy playing in the PR League but I wish the pitches were better maintaind! The bad pitches take away from the quality of the game and I think this is a huge problem that should be addressed.

Inside Caribbean Football: What do you think about the football in Bermuda?

Larenzo Paul Simmons: Football in bermuda is a little more organized and the facilities are a lot better than PR. The talent wise I would say Bermuda's Premier League is better when all the overseas players return for breaks but otherwise than that they are about the same.

Inside Caribbean Football: You're having a great season with Mayaguez FC. Are you expecting to be named to Bermuda National Team?

Larenzo Paul Simmons: Things are going great over here so far so hopefully someone takes notice back home.

Inside Caribbean Football: Do you think PRSL would be a good league helping the development of caribbean football having more caribbean footballers on the teams?

Larenza Paul Simmons:I think it woudl. PR feels like a second home to me even though the language is different. The cultures are very similar to that of other Caribbean countries so I think players from other countries would settle great. The league is good starting point I think and there is a good fan base growing over here players feel right at home. 

Inside Caribbean Football:What are you goals for this season?

Larenza Paul Simmons: First to qualify for the playoffs with Mayaguez FC. Alsp for this season even though I have missed a lof of games due to travelling, I feel I can win the top scorer for the second year ina row If I keep my head down and work hard.

Simmons #10 running with the ball
Photo by Mayaguez FC

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário